The St. Theresa School Preschool program is designed to expand and stimulate children's minds and provide them with an unparalleled first academic experience. Our students will learn in an environment enriched by faith that allows them to explore, discover, imagine and play! Children emerge as happy, productive, and successful learners who progress to Kindergarten with the tools and confidence to succeed at every stage of their education.
St. Theresa offers a variety of multi-aged preschool programs ranging from 2, 3 or 5 days per week:
- 3 years (Blue Birds)
- 4 years (Red Birds)
- Mornings: 8:00 AM- 11:00 AM
- All-Day: 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Before and After School Care is available for students who are in the All-Day program (6:30 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.)
- Convenient drop off and pick up
Stay and Play:
- Stay and Play runs from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Add another hour onto your preschoolers morning! The schedule coincides with our morning kindergarten program ending at 12:00 noon.
- Thematic-based learning, focusing on pre-reading, pre-writing, and Jesus as our friend - developing a sense of purpose, helping students understand that actions are important
- Enhanced curriculum including; Handwriting without Tears - a developmentally based program that will assist your child in learning letter formation and how to correctly hold a pencil
- Enrichment classes including music, library, art and Physical Education
- Reading Buddies - opportunity to interact with students in intermediate grades
- Outdoor recess in private playground, emphasizing gross motor skill development and socialization
- Lunch time and nap time (all-day program)
- Parent participation opportunities
- Maximum class size of 20 - with a teacher and aide in each classroom
- Extended day option from 6:30 AM- 6:00 PM- Discounted monthly fees available
- Free bus service through District 15
Our spacious classrooms allow children to move around freely while still maintaining social distancing. Each classroom has plenty of windows to allow natural sunlight and fresh air. Preschool classrooms are equipped with washrooms. We have successfully been providing in-person learning for our preschoolers during the 2020-21 school year. We adopted safety protocols that were put in place by the CDC and the Archdiocese of Chicago. We have a full time nurse on staff who carefully monitors our students safety.
In addition to helping your child grow into a confident learner, we also practice getting along and respecting others as we learn to live our lives as a reflection of God. Young people involved in Faith communities are more likely to feel supported, valued and empowered.
You may choose Morning or All-day
- Tuesday/Thursday (2 days per week)
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday (3 days per week)
- Monday through Friday (5 days per week)
Your child must be. . .
- 3 years old on, or before, September 1st.
- Toilet trained with no pull-ups
- Immunized per Illinois law
The St. Theresa preschool program goes through a rigorous evaluation process and is recognized by the Office of Catholic Schools and the Illinois State Board of Education. Our programs follow Illinois State Board of Education Early Learning Standards. The learning environment meets nationally recognized criteria for high quality such as those set forth by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
St. Theresa's preschool program is less expensive than daycare. It is staffed by caring teachers dedicated to providing your child with the tools s/he needs to grow emotionally, socially, academically, physically and spiritually.
Come see how St. Theresa School can make a difference in your child's life!