The St. Theresa School Preschool program is designed to expand and stimulate children's minds and provide them with an unparalleled first academic experience. Our students will learn in an environment that allows them to explore, discover, imagine and play! Children emerge as happy, productive, and successful learners who progress to Kindergarten with the tools and confidence to succeed at every stage of their education.
STS offers a variety of multi-aged preschool programs ranging from 2, 3 or 5 days per week:
- Mornings: 8:00 AM- 11:00 AM
- All-Day: 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Before and After School Care (6:30 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.)
- Thematic-based learning, focusing on pre-reading, pre-writing, and Jesus as our friend
- Enhanced curriculum including; Handwriting without Tears - a developmentally based program that will assist your child in learning letter formation and how to correctly hold a pencil
- Enrichment classes including music, library, art and Physical Education
- Weekly Technology Instruction (4 year old program)
- Reading Buddies - opportunity to interact with students in intermediate grades
- Outdoor recess, emphasizing gross motor skill development and socialization
- Lunch time and nap time (all-day program)
- Parent participation opportunities
- Maximum class size of 20
- Extended day option available through STEP- 6:30 AM- 6:00 PM- Discounted weekly fees available
- Free bus service through District 15
In addition to helping your child grow into a confident learner, we also practice getting along and respecting others as we learn to live our lives as a reflection of God.
Your child must be. . .
- 3 or 4 years old, for the appropriate program, on, or before, September 1st.
- Toilet trained with no pull-ups
- Immunized per Illinois law