In June of 1941, St. Theresa Parish became the first permanent Catholic church in the village of Palatine, IL. Under the guidance of the Sisters of Christian Charity, St. Theresa School opened on September 8, 1954, with 275 students. The school building underwent several expansions over the next 15 years as demand for Catholic education in the Palatine area grew. In 1977, the existing Dolan Center, which houses the school gymnasium and serves as the parish activity center, was constructed. A major renovation and school expansion was completed in 1999. The convent was converted into parish offices as there were no longer nuns teaching at the school.