KINDERGARTEN at St. Theresa School
(Students must be 5 years old on or before September 1st)
Your child is away from you several hours per day. Therefore, you will want to choose a school with a Kindergarten program that embraces the values you instill at home. A program that enriches your child academically, spiritually, and emotionally. St. Theresa School offers a faith-based approach, a love for learning, and the beginning of high academic achievement. Our bright renovated classrooms provide a warm and inviting setting for learning. Our student-teacher ratio allow our students an opportunity for individualized learning.
- Reading instruction uses blending of sounds, identifying sight words, summarizing, prediction, and sequencing. During small group instruction, children will become emerging readers.
- Modeled writing is a means to teach reading. Students observe teachers writing their ideas, as they begin their own independent journal writing. Letter study uses poems, songs and sign language.
- Math instruction will include numbers to 100, problem-solving with addition and subtraction, comparing numbers, counting money, and building a math vocabulary.
- Calendar Math Each morning, students will build on skills already taught including: patterns, counting by 2, 5, and 10, ordinal numbers, tallying numbers, and sequencing.
- Foreign Language Students will departmentalize twice weekly for academic Spanish led by our K-5 Spanish teacher.
- Art Students are introduced to the visual arts weekly led by our art teacher in the art room.
- Music and Drama Students will visit the music room twice weekly for songs, movement and an introduction to melody and pitch.
- Physical Education Twice weekly gym classes
- Library Weekly story-time and book check-out with the librarian in our modern library.
7:35 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
(Friday dismissal is at 1:30 p.m.)
Upon request, we also offer a half day option from 7:40 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
St. Theresa Kindergarten is a place where magic happens as
children become independent learners, critical thinkers, problem solvers,
readers, and writers.
For more information regarding St. Theresa's kindergarten program, please contact:
Mrs. Terri Kolbus, Admission Director