June of 1941, St. Theresa Parish became the first permanent Catholic church in
the village of Palatine, IL. Under the guidance of the Sisters of Christian
Charity, St. Theresa School opened on September 8, 1954, with 275 students.
The school building underwent several
expansions over the next 15 years as demand for Catholic education in the
Palatine area grew.
In 1977, the
existing Dolan Center, which houses the school gymnasium and serves as the
parish activity center, was constructed.
A major renovation and school expansion was completed in 1999.
The convent was converted into parish offices
as there were no longer nuns teaching at the school.
In 2011, the library was remodeled, expanded
and renamed the Learning Resource Center.
Please visit St.Theresa Parish