Office For The Protection Of Children And Youth
As part of our commitment to the safety of our children, all parents and other volunteers who have contact with students at school or at school-related activities, including off-campus field trips, must complete Virtus certification and a criminal background check. No adults can be allowed contact with students unless both of the above programs are completed. Please go online to register at www.virtus.org. Your organization is the Chicago, IL (Archdiocese).
Please follow this link to complete compliance tasks:
ONLINE CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK - eAPP:
- Complete an eApps online criminal background check application before being accepted as a volunteer. Applicant cannot begin service until the background check approval has been received.
- 1 time national background check. Rechecks are conducted automatically.
VIRTUS/PROTECTING GOD'S CHILDREN:
- Attend within 60 days of beginning service. Certificate of attendance kept on site in personnel file.
- 1 time 3-hour training for adults. No one under 18 yrs. of age permitted at training. All participants must pre-register online.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
- Read and sign prior to beginning service. Signed acknowledgement form kept on site in personnel file.
- Complete new form if employee moves to new parish/school.
DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICES' CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT TRACKING SYSTEM FORM [CANTS FORM] TO BE DONE ANNUALLY:
- Complete form and submit to site prior to beginning service. Copy of completed form kept on site in personnel file.Original mailed to DCFS by the site.
- To be done annually. Application reviewed by DCFS for abuse and neglect offenses.